Have you ever wondered what it takes to make the leap from your day job to start your own business?
It’s a big step and can feel pretty overwhelming at times.
I’ve been there. And I’ve been asked, again and again, “How did you get started?” and “What do you wish you knew when you were just starting out?”
Before we delve into my entrepreneurial journey and how to kickstart yours, let’s talk about the key challenges that budding entrepreneurs need to be aware of:
- Many jump straight into the “shiny” parts of the business, like mastering marketing, without first creating a product or service that’s truly valuable. Without a solid product or service, no amount of marketing can make a business successful. It’s not about looking good; it’s about being good first.
- Entrepreneurship is often portrayed as a sprint when, in reality, it’s a marathon. Many are jumping in without laying the essential foundations for success. Entrepreneurship is not just about starting fast; it’s about starting right.
- Lastly, I see a lot of folks trying to emulate successful entrepreneurs who may not align with their values, strengths, or personality. They force themselves to adopt strategies and tactics that feel inauthentic, leading to a disconnect and possible burnout. It’s not about copying others’ paths; it’s about forging your own.
So, what does this mean for you, the aspiring entrepreneur?
To successfully kickstart your journey, you need to change the game.
While everyone else is focusing on the “shiny” stuff in business, you should focus on creating a quality product or service that your target audience needs before you even think about marketing it.
While everyone else is jumping headfirst into their business without preparation, you must first build a strong foundation to support your business’s growth.
And instead of copying what someone else is doing, you need to discover your unique strengths, align your business with your values, and design a journey that fits your personality and lifestyle choices.
In my newest video, I dive deep into these topics, sharing personal insights, lessons learned, and providing key strategies from my decade-long entrepreneurial journey.
It’s the things I wished someone had been there to guide me when I first started out. And that’s why I want to be that guide for you now.
Dive into my video below!
Here’s what you’ll learn when you watch the video:
→ How essential it is to validate your business ideas before launching, a lesson I learned the hard way.
→ The importance of conversational research in understanding your potential customers better and why you need to “road-test” your offers before launching.
→ Why you could be led astray if you follow the “blueprint” of successful people that don’t reflect your values and business style.
→ The reason to build a strong network from the start and how this “ecosystem” will help you launch your business more effectively.
→ And the often overlooked aspect of entrepreneurship: shaping your business to fit who you are, not the other way around.
After watching, I’d love to hear your thoughts and any takeaways you’ve gathered. Also, if you have a story about your own journey from being an employee to an entrepreneur, I would love to hear that too. Leave a comment under the video and share your story too!
If you’re interested in more personalized guidance in your entrepreneurial journey, I encourage you to watch my workshop, the “4 Keys to Launch a Business You Love”. In this workshop, I’ll:
- Help you simplify the often daunting task of starting a business
- Teach you how to leverage what you already have to build a business that truly lights you up, and
- Show you a “launch plan” that feels human – one that feels less like a military operation and more like an intimate dinner party 🤗.
To your success,