Sell Your Knowledge in a Packaged Service
To have a successful business, it’s important to learn how to Sell What You Do.
In the last 9 years of working with all types of budding service business owners, I can tell you that packaging their expertise into an effective offer to sell is one of the most important things to be able to earn more and build a sustainable business.
What most people mistakenly do to sell their services:
- Quote hourly rates – clients buy results, not your hours and time.
- Talking about the features only, like the number of sessions and tasks – clients want to know the value they get from their time with you.
- Only selling the ultimate outcome or goal – clients see the destination but aren’t clear about the process of how you get them there.
But here’s what really gets people to buy your services:
- A value-based package and pricing where they can clearly see the process of how you get them from where they’re at and where they want to go.
- The mini “wins” they get in the journey of getting to their ultimate result (your clients need to see they’ll have mini wins in the steps along the way).
- The method around the concepts you’re teaching – your competitors will offer to get them to similar goals, but the approach and philosophy you take can help them to choose you over the others –this is your unique framework!
But Lydia…what’s a Framework?
A framework is a structure of steps, key elements, processes, and decision-making rules clients can rely on, that gives them a pathway to accomplishment.
When that framework is uniquely yours, no one else can teach the way you’re teaching.
In order to design a unique framework, you must first understand your methods. Here are the 4 parts that help formulate your methodology.
Understanding Your Methods
1. What motivates your clients to act? Why do the people want the transformation you’re offering and what values are important to them to do the thing they want to do?
2. What’s your approach to solve problems differently? Why is one approach that you often use in teaching particularly effective? (Or why is another approach not effective?)
3. What’s your unique point of view? How does your story and experience given you a new perspective to help others? Why does this matter for their results?
4. What are your core philosophies? What are the reasons you make particular choices that are grounded on values and principles you believe in? Are there “standard ways of operating” in your industry that your clients need to challenge? What are the important ones that could make a world of difference in how your clients get to their goals so it feels good to them?
Over to YOU…
- What are the non-negotiable steps you believe you need to teach your clients to get to the results they want? – if you’re feeling fuzzy on this, it’s likely that you haven’t done enough market research or pinpointed the niche market you want to help.
- What values ground the work you do? How can people rely on you for this? – this is important as these values act as a “heartbeat” for your work and becomes the thing people recognize as the differentiating factor in your unique value proposition.
- How do you imagine teaching this work if you were to use your skills, tools, and concepts you know? – designing how you want to work with clients that honours your personality type and strengths will ensure you’re creating work you love.
Get My Help to Package & Sell Your Expertise! 🎁
Join the 90 Day Launch Academy to learn how to create a system for your offer that people want to buy.
One of the most powerful phases in my 6-phase business launch program is the Offer Design phase to help you nail a profitable and purposeful offer.
Here’s what it looks like on the “island” roadmap! (you know I’m all about tropical graphics by now 😊)
You’ll learn how to:
- Be crystal clear on your Ideal Client’s Journey so you understand what they need in their roadmap to success to create a powerful transformation.
- Identify your concepts, philosophies, and steps to create a Unique Framework & Proposition for what you want to be known for.
- Design a Signature Offer that serves your clients in your highest value and create an experience people want to buy.
- Learn how to Sell Your Work effectively by speaking confidently about the value you offer so clients will say an easy “Yes!”
Each foundation I teach, including the offer creation phase, is going to supercharge your ability to launch a business you love with confidence.
Keen to join me and be guided step-by-step to bring a fuzzy idea to a meaningful business plan you you can earn a purposeful living with?