Want an engaging guest for your podcast or interview for your publication? Invite me to contribute!
About my work
I’m a Work Reinvention Strategist (also lovingly known as the ‘Freedom Instigator’!) who helps passionate individuals redefine their version of success, discover meaningful work, and build an intentional life and business.
I love contributing my insights and knowledge on how we can design the right kind of work and life that fulfills us to make our highest contribution in the world.
I love speaking about…
How to identify “What’s Next?” for your new chapter of life and work while building your resilience for uncertainty during times of change and reinvention.
How to stop the comparison game, get off the hustle train, and create healthier (and more liberating) metrics to measure success on our own terms.
The ‘sweet spot’
How to find the creative and meaningful work that’s in the intersection of your strengths, deep interests, and impact you want to make.
How to navigate the noise of cultural norms and societal expectations to reimagine a new way of living and working in the future of work.
What I’ve learned leaving a six-figure job, moving to Bali, and intentionally designing a tiny but mighty business to align with my lifestyle choices.
Why we’re ready enough to start wherever we are and how to overcome imposter syndrome with imperfect action to courageously share our big ideas.
Check out my contributions
Where I’ve been interviewed and featured
Press mentions and features:
- CBC Radio – “Screw the Cubicle” or, how to work from home permanently
- The Globe & Mail – Dream job 2.0: As offices and expensive housing lose their lustre, digital nomads take to the road
- The Telegraph – Hate your job? These ‘gurus’ are here to help
- Elle Canada – Are you ready to become a digital nomad?
- The Globe & Mail (The Risk Takers podcast) – Escape to Bali
- The Guardian – Come with an open mind: the people who live at work
- Solar News Daybreak – Freedom Business Roadmap
- Huffington Post – How to overcome the top 3 fears of quitting a job you don’t like
- Huffington Post – How I turned my dream life into my real life
- Huffington Post – Six signs it’s time to quit your job
- Forbes – 4 Ways To Build A Strong, Service-Based Business On The Side In Less Than A Year
- Forbes – Lesson I learned from leaving a six figure job
- Forbes – How to pack like a digital nomad
- Virgin – Behind the technology of ‘solopreneurship’
- The Entrepreneur – What Successful Entrepreneurs Outsource to a Virtual Assistant
- Observer – 12 Powerful Habits I Have Stolen From Ultra-Successful People
- Business.com – How I Traveled Around the World While Building My Business
- Pique Magazine – Ditch the office grind for your dreams
- Pique Magazine – The rise of the side hustle
- The Emerge and Expand Podcast – Reinventing Work & Business
- Getting Work to Work – The Soul of a Solopreneur
- The Side Hustle Project – How To Transition From Side Hustle To Self-Employed
- Fizzle – Screw The Cubicle, Reinvent Your Work
- Better Than Big – Redefining Your Definition Of “Team”
- Level Up Your Course – Creating Profit and Purpose
- Escape the Rat Race Radio – Repurposing Your Skills From Corporate to Entrepreneurship
- Boundless – On Helping People Take Bold Leaps
- BUILD LIVE GIVE – How To Create Your Side Hustle To Kiss The Corporate Cubicle Goodbye For Good
- Nomadtopia – Screw the cubicle and live on purpose
- CliffCentral Radio – #Kellman – Take hold of our destiny and do what truly makes us happy
- The Tao of Self Confidence – podcast – Screw the Cubicle and Follow Your Heart With Lydia Lee
- Life Athletics Podcast – Screw the Cubicle and Live Free!
- Globe & Mail “The Risk Takers” podcast – Escape to Bali
- Elusive Moose – Screw The Cubicle
- Second Breaks – How to Leave a Cubicle Job and Start Your Own Business with Lydia Lee
Other publications and videos:
- Go Solo – Build a Meaningful Business
- Starter Story – How I Started A $10K/Month Career Transition Coaching Business
- Starter Story – Screw The Cubicle Update: On Launching My Crowdfunded Book This Year
- Business Heroine Magazine – Hot Pursuit of Freedom
- Wifi Tribe – Remote Work Insights By Lydia Lee
- Open World Magazine – Can Authenticity Transform your Business?
- Business.com – Bootstrapping Your Business While Traveling Might Be Cheaper Than You Have Thought
- Teachable Interview – Change Maker
- The Wedge Interview – Screwing The Cubicle & Finding Your Purpose
- Women Digital Nomads – On doing what you love and the power of support
Work Reinventions and Tiny But Mighty Businesses are my jam.
Since 2013, I’ve guided and mentored hundreds of professionals to build meaningful businesses designed from their strengths, values, and personalities.
I specialize in helping people navigate their work identity crisis and transition out of the golden handcuffs to develop successful self-employment strategies.
Most importantly, I believe in intentionally designing our businesses with our genius zone in mind, so that we’re building a business we love, and want to keep for years to come.