In order to build a simple and high-serving business, Allea Grummert decided to niche down her services and audience.
How can it benefit you to design your business intentionally to do the work you want, and be truly selective in who you work with?
It can be tempting to be a “generalist” when you start a business.
You can do a lot of things…but it doesn’t mean you have to.
You may want to please everyone…but you won’t laser focus on attracting soulmate clients if you do.
You might think you’ll be more valuable if you offered more things…but you can’t create deep work and high quality experiences with so much on your plate (especially if you’re starting out solo).
Today I’m talking to Allea (pronounced “Allie”) Grummert, the business owner behind “Duett”, where she chose to niche down to stand out in her industry.
She’s an email marketing strategist and conversion copywriter who helps online business owners make a killer first impression through automated welcome & nurture sequences.
After starting a business out of experiencing burnout and depression in her corporate life, making her business SIMPLE was an even bigger priority for Allea.
She spoke to me about how she built a business that maintains her wellbeing and what she did to simplify her services and target audience to serve them in a more effective way.
And bonus? She gave some amazing insight on why email marketing is a valuable marketing asset for online businesses, and how to build long lasting relationships with human-focused conversations.
In Our Conversation, You’ll Learn:
- How Allea went from a personal finance blog to starting a service-based business in email marketing.
- What she did to set healthy conditions in how she wanted to work in order to maintain her wellbeing after going through a health burnout.
- Why niching down (her services and audience) and offering only three productized services (that are all related to one another) allowed her to stand out in the marketplace.
- How she created a “predictable system” for revenue and client processes to create a more easeful way to operate in her business.
- The major difference between communicating to people on our email list vs. on social media and other marketing channels (and how to make the shift).