In today’s series for the corporate escape stories, I am so excited to interview Elaine Siu, an ex-finance lawyer who reinvented her career to focus her strengths towards a cause that she was passionate about.
She has started the first 100% cruelty-free, vegan, eco-conscious beauty e-comm platform based in Hong Kong with a vision to expand across Asia. Utilizing her lawyer skills, mixed with passion for animal welfare, she’s created an amazing business called Get Minimal.
I wanted to bring Elaine on the show today to share her story of how she did a complete 360 on her career direction, and the fear she overcame of branching out of her degree and what she knew to make a living, and her journey to honour her passion of transforming how people buy conscious products.
Snippets from our interview:
- How she discovered her business idea for starting an eco-conscious e-commerce business
- Why it was so important for Elaine to first find that bigger purpose and how that fuelled her intention to keep progressing with her business through tough times
- Learn how she overcame her first time fears and self doubt to be able to launch a business?
- How Elaine discerns the right advice for her business, and started to also trust her own inner guidance to know what is best for her
- Her advice for new entrepreneurs – what people need to ‘get real’ with in order to live a bigger life
- The 3 things that made the difference for her to be beat overwhelm and get the clarity she needed for the business she needed to start
- Elaine and I discuss what new entrepreneurs should anticipate experiencing when they launch their big idea – how to move forward without being a perfectionist and doubting yourself in the process
Learn more about Elaine:
Connect with Elaine and support her business at Get Minimal: www.getminimal.com
You can also add The Cubicle Crashing Podcast to your RSS feed:
Enjoying The Cubicle Crashing Podcast?
Please leave a review in iTunes to help more people find me! All you need to do is click onto “View in iTunes,” then click on “Ratings and Reviews” followed by “Write a Review” under Customer Reviews. Thanks so much!
Like the Screw the Cubicle Facebook Page.